Crit Responses

Overall I would say that my feedback from the crit was fairly positive, I asked people to explain which set was their favourite and why which type of binding they preferred. The results of this showed that everybody preferred the pictures of Alex as they felt there was more of a connection with him and that the pictures felt less posed and rigid. It is also important to notice that when I asked the group to guess which order they had been created in they managed to do this correctly. I feel this is rather positive as it shows a definite progression in the style and quality of the photos I have been taking. The different types of binding received mixed reviews and I have come to the conclusion that none of these are suitable as they are and that I must look at different ways of doing this but also different sizes.

Based on the feedback I was given my intentions are to take more pictures along the lines of those of Alex, showing the subject in various environments in an attempt to portray the way they are. This is because these were the most well received images but also the ones that I generally feel work the best, I am hoping to capture more people in this way to ensure that the photos do not feel stale or boring.